A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Little Vietnam Restaurant & Cafe @ Grandlink Square; Singapore


I was off on one of my solo "adventures" and along the way I got a hungry and after a week of eating nothing but junk, I wanted something healthy. I remember someone telling me about a Vietnamese restaurant nearby the Paya Lebar MRT Station. And since I was in the area, I decided to give it a go.

Named Little Vietnam, the resturant and cafe, is authentic Vietnamese. From the food to the name to the staff and service, everything was Vietnamese.

The staff speak perfect Mandarin too! They mistook me at first glance as a local and then as Vietnamese. But once I told them I was Filipino who just happened to be fair and looked very East Asian, we had a laugh!


The restaurant and cafe was a bit bare at the time I visited, I think some days or weeks before they either went through a renovation or some major cleaning.

But on to the main reason why I was there, THE FOOD!

Little Vietnam has a large menu. I decided to stick to the dishes I know and ordered one appetizer and one main dish.



For my appetiser, I opted on Goi Cuon. Fresh Rice Roll with Rice Noodle, Prawn and Vegetable, in other words Fresh Spring Roll.

Goi Cuon; SGD 3.00


For my main dish, I ordered the Bun Thit Nuong. Which is Grilled Pork Chop on Fresh Vegetables and Rice Vermicelli.

Bun Thit Nuong; SGD 6.00




I also got Tra Da, which is basically Vietnamese Iced Tea.

Tra Da; SGD 0.80


My food came out really fast from the kitchen. About 5 minutes for the Goi Cuon and 8 minutes for the Bun Thit Nuong. And everything was really good, fresh and well prepared.

The best part is the price! The prices of the food are much lower than any of the other Vietnamese restaurants I have tried in Singapore. With the fact that everything is authentic, I would most definietly come back for another visit!

*NOTE: Little Vietnam is a Cash Only restaurant!


*Total For My Meal: SGD 9.80

Goi Cuon: SGD 3.00
Bun Thit Nuong: SGD 6.00
Tra Da: SGD 0.80

Little Vietnam Restaurant & Cafe @ Grandlink Square is located at:

#511 Guillemard Road #01-23 Grandlink Square, Singapore 399849


Operating Hours:

Monday-Saturday: 12:00pm-11:15pm
*Last Order: 10:30pm
Sunday: CLOSED


*it's only a 8 minute walk from Paya Lebar MRT Station!
*it's even closer if you exit from Exit D of Paya Lebar Mrt Station; about 4-5 minutes!


Image Source: http://blogqpot.com/
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig