A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Jollibee (Jolly Spaghetti) @ Novena Square 2; Singapore


I've been missing Manila and its sights, sounds, smells and tastes. Feeling nostalgic, and wanting to reminisce the good old days when I was young, I decided to check out Jollibee in Novena Square 2 here in Singapore.


Jollibee was (and still is) a happy place for me, despise being a fast food chain. I still remember the times that I would go to Jollibee back home with my mom, grandmother (I called her Lola; its a Filipino term which translates to grandmother) and my maid (who I loved like a second mother, since she practically raised me from a very young age) and eating there and just be happy. They would treat me to Jollibee and as I got older I would treat them. Jollibee was also sort of my comfort food back home when I was stressed out with and at work, working late or running around when I was doing some freelance work. And since Jollibee is open 24/7 back home in Manila, Philippines, I would call them to deliver at my work or pass by one to eat.

Jollibee is a Filipino brand and first opened in 1978, and from there expanded from Manila to other parts of the Philippines and eventually across the world. It's probably the only fast food chain, that overtook McDonald's in the Philippines. So yeah, I'm definitely proud of Jollibee!

Jollibee started in 2013 in Singapore in their branch in Lucky Plaza Mall along Orchard Road and eventually opening in Novena Square 2 and Changi City Point.

The ambience and the design of Jollibee in Novena Square 2 is exactly the same as back home, so for a moment I did think I was back in Manila. I even got to speak in Filipino to order my food, something I haven't been able to do in such a long time.





So on this visit I went for my all time favourite classic in Jollibee, the Jolly Spaghetti! It cost me SGD 4.20 since I got the Value Meal, which entitles me to a drink as well. If you are to get the Jolly Spaghetti ala carte, it will only cost SGD 3.20.

Spaghetti in the Philippines is quite different from the spaghetti most people are used to, Filipino spaghetti is slightly sweeter (some say it's really sweet). It's due to Filipinos having a liking for sweet things. Yes Filipinos (generally, but there are always exceptions to the rule of course) have sweet tooths.

Jolly Spaghetti Value Meal; SGD 4.20




I am very happy and proud of Jolllibee, it wasn't just Filipinos who were eating inside, Singapore locals were also part of the crowd in the Novena Square 2 branch. It's nice to see a brand from the Philippines do so well outside the country.

Thank you to The Happy Bee for making me happy too! Keep up the
great job and great service here in Singapore!

*Total For My Meal: SGD 4.20

Jollibee @ Novena Square 2 is located at:

#01-07 to 12 Novena Square 2, 10 Sinaran Drive Singapore, 307506

Operating Hours: DAILY 8:00am-10:00pm

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig