A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Heritage Murals (And Other Art Murals) @ Tiong Bahru; Singapore

I'm a big art fan and a supporter, I've always been. I guess it comes from the fact that I always liked to draw ever since I was young. As I got older I gained a deeper understanding of art and learned to be more creative in my thinking and attitude; from there I grew to appreciate all kinds of art and whatever form they come in.

So one day I went to Tiong Bahru to the Tiong Bahru Market to look for something, I wasn't able to find that particular something, but then I noticed one of the walls of the nearby buildings had a mural on it and I realised it was one of the Heirtage Murals in Tiong Bahru. So after I saw one of the murals, I decided to look for the others to have a bit of fun since I was already in the area anyway (I also found other murals in the area as I hunted down the Heritage Murals).

The Heritage Murals were made by the artist Yip Yew Chong (he also made other murals along Everton Road, Waterloo Street and Upper Changi Road).

Heritage Mural: Home








Heritage Mural: Pasar & Fortune Teller





Heritage Mural: Bird Singing Corner



As I mentioned earlier I did spot some other murals in the area as I looked for the other Heritage Murals, so I decided to include them in this post as well (I'm not sure who the artist is though).

Goats:

Goat #1

Goat #2

Goat #3

Goldfish:


To give you a sense of where the murals are in Tiong Bahru, I marked them down on a map. I also marked the numbers of the blocks where the murals are found. From my experience the block numbers of the buildings made it a lot easier to find the murals.


The area of the murals is close to Tiong Bahru MRT Station and Tiong Bahru Plaza. It's basically within walking distance. It would be about a 5-8 minute walk to the Goldfish mural. 

Below is a map showing the area of the murals and Tiong Bahru MRT Station.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig