A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Friday, February 03, 2017

Puto ni Papa (The Best Puto in Town) [Salted Egg]


I had gone to the Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm to attend the Social Business Summit (last January 22, 2017) and after looking through all the booths and social enterprises selling their products, Puto ni Papa was one of those social enterprises that stood out from the rest and impressed me the most!


It was started by 3 friends, Jerome, Jerry Kim & Jeremian (a.k.a Papa Rem) who just wanted to put out a product they knew was good. Using the puto (Filipino: steamed rice cakes) recipes of Papa Rem's grandmother they embarked on their journey (which is at its starting points).

What struck me the most about these social entrepreneurs was the strong faith and belief in their product (a trait that I believe all entrepreneurs should have). The confidence they have in their product is what led me to make a purchase of 10 pieces.

Puto Ni Papa; Salted Egg flavour

I have to say that their puto (salted egg flavour) is one of the best I have ever had (believe me, I have had quite a few). It has that homemade quality to it, you can literally taste the passion and love the 3 young social entrepreneurs have for their product!


The puto is soft and light (just as a puto should be) and salty-savoury (because of the salted egg they add). My mom and my dad also love Papa Rem's puto and rave about it too! They even asked me to buy more the next time I get a chance make a purchase.

It is a definite must try! It's really that good!!!!

Soft

Light

Salted Egg!

As for the Puto ni Papa brand, I consider it as an honest brand. A brand that sells more than just puto, but a dream and a passion, not to become famous or rich, but to help and give back to a community that means a lot to them.

Image Source (Photo Credit): Angel Ouano
Left to Right:
Jerome, Jerry Kim & Jeremian (a.k.a Papa Rem)

I'm very proud of these kids (who happen to be students of two really good friends). They are students of the SEED (School for Experiential and Entrepreneurial Development) programme at the GK Enchanted Farm (which produces graduates who tackle poverty through agriculture and innovation). They have the passion, drive and determination to provide a good tasting puto to the market. These kids are the future of the social enterprise world. They have all the qualities of a great entrepreneur should have; plus their product is incredible I can proudly say I look up to their small (yet powerful) achievement! These kids are the kind of person/s I wish and aim to be. They dream a big dream and carry the hopes and dreams of others with pride and love. They've made it to my "personal hero list"!

I wish them all the best in their endeavours, but I know they will succeed either way!


Puto ni Papa costs PHP 15.00 per piece (PHP 150.00 for a pack of 10)
*they also have Ube (Purple Yam), Peanut Butter, Cheese and Chocolate flavoured putos as well!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig