A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Alternative Store @ Haji Lane Kampong Glam; Singapore


I've always been a hippie and a free spirit at heart. And I've always loved the ethnic-inspired and artisanal lifestyle. So when I found out about a shop in Haji Lane, I just had to go check it out. And ever since that first visit, I've become a raving fan!

This is the Alternative Store!

*They would always give me some freebies whenever I would come to buy stuff from their shop, the only way I could think to thank them was to blog about them. Thank you Alternative Store!!!!

That's Barry Tan, the owner of Alternative Store


They sell incense, prayer flags, singing bowls, Nepali, Tibetan, Asian and New Age jewelry, dreamcatchers, Buddhist statues and ethnic clothing from all over the Asian region.

They also have their own in-house label called "Going OM", which is designed in Singapore.



The atmosphere at Alternative Store is inspired by the Himalayan region, particularly Nepal and Tibet (or so I think).

Even with all the pops of colour it's not too crazy or too psychedelic. It's rather calm and relaxing (maybe because of the incense and the music).


All that colour from the Going OM label

A Going OM shirt (Flower of Life design) over some new age jewelry


Nepali and Tibetan jewelry and accessories


Alternative Store is the place to go if you to be immersed in very earthy objects, clothing and accessories. It's a place where spirituality, simplicity, art, culture and fashion come together as one. I've bought a lot of things from them already; incense, prayer flags, some jewelry and a couple of shirts.

If you're a free-spirited hippie like me, then Alternative Store is a place you should definitely check out if you're in Kampong Glam!

Alternative Store @ Haji Lane is located at:

59 Haji Ln, Singapore 189252


Operating Hours: 12:00pm-8:00pm


*it's only a 5 minute walk from Bugis MRT Station!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig