A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Monday, August 07, 2017

中國美色 (A Gift from A Friend; Before I Left Singapore)


I have had this for awhile. It was given to me after a tearful and sad farewell before I left Singapore for good last year. My friend knows how much I like photography and art, so she knew it was the perfect thing to gift me with, and I loved it every since she gave it to me!

With the little Chinese I know, the characters (中國美色) mean something like "China in Beautiful Colour" or "China's Beautiful Colours".

What I look at when I need a "mini vacation"


Thanks so much   Hu Shuchuan!!!!!

It was actually a gift from her brother, before she left China to study in the same Masters programme I took in NTU Singapore. So when she gave it to me, I made a promise that I would keep it free from any kind of damage (or at least try to).

She was also one of the first friends I had made in my Masters programme, and eventually because of how close we got, she became like a little sister to me. And I love her to bits!


Peonies I think....

This little box contains photographs of natural sceneries in and around China, that have emphasis on the richness of colour in each one.



Looking at each of the photographs, the colours in them just pop out. From rich reds to cool blues to soft pinks and purples and ethereal whites, blacks and greys, each of the photograph comes alive with colour. It's almost as if you are their seeing it in real time.

Look at all that colour!!!!

I actually have this in my laptop bag all the time (especially when at work) and take mini vacations when I need it or when I need something beautiful to look at.

Some of my favourite ones in the pack!!!!


I've always had a liking for cool colours, so it wasn't a surprise that 5 of my favourite photographs from the pack would have purples, blacks, whites, greys, blues and indigos in them.

I love these ones the most

At the back of each photograph there is a colur chart which shows the colours that can be found in each one. So don't think everything is just one tone or shade of blue, purple, black or white. There are 7 dominant colours that are identified in each one.


The colours that are in the photographs

This may be a very simple gift, but the gesture and the thought that went to gifting it to me, means a lot. I will forever cherish this gift and always remember my friend when I look at these photographs when I am on one of my mini vacations.

Thank you so much for this   Hu Shuchuan!!!!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig