A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

St. Benedict Medal (A Birthday Gift)


A friend went on a recent climb on Mt. Cristobal in Quezon Province. And he got me a birthday gift there; another amulet (of sorts).

St. Benedict Medal; PHP 250.00

This little amulet is called the: St. Benedict Medal. And yes, it is of Christian-Catholic origins. This one is made of brass and is on a black nylon string. My friend got it from a vendor at the base of the mountain. He got it for PHP 250.00 and had it blessed for me too.

He knows of my habit of collecting amulets and talismans and thought it would be a nice addition to my collection. At first I was a bit apprehensive, but after he told me the story about the medal, I learnt to appreciate and love it (even if it isn't of the faith I believe in).


The front of the St. Benedict medal

So on to the story of the medal. My friend told me that the St. Benedict Medal protects people against any form of evil (demons, evil spirits, curses and poison) and any form of danger (storms, accidents and the like). It also protects against any forms of temptation. And it also secures the timely and healthy birth of babies. All anyone has to do is to wear or carry the medal on/with them. It's also one of the only Catholic medals/amulets that has phrases/verses of an exorcism on it. And it can be used to aid exorcisms and prevent cases of possession.

The back of the St. Benedict medal

And the main reason for me to appreciate the medal even more is the fact that the feast day of St. Benedict (of Nursia) is on July 11 (as told to me by my friend). That's the same day as my birthday! A funny coincidence! I never really knew I was born on St. Benedict's feast day. And that coincidence was what gave my friend the idea of getting the medal for me while on his hike in Mt. Cristobal (that and he knows I like that mountain too).

So yes, this is another birthday gift from a really good friend (which I will treasure dearly), and another amulet I can add to my collection! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig