A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Magsasaka @ BGC Taguig City; Philippines


I've seen this mural very often going and coming from my office. And it instantly became one of my favourite murals in the BGC area.

Entitled: "Magsasaka" (English: Farmer). This mural was made by local artists Archie Oclos & Aleili Ariola in 2016.

 Magsasaka by Archie Oclos & Aleili Ariola


Rice

A hero to me

The mural takes a life of its own. Every small detail brought it to life and tell a thousand words without any description or words on the mural whatsoever. Just looking into the eyes of the farmer, there is so much emotion in them that it takes you in and makes you feel what farmers go through everyday.

Palay; Rice

The mural takes a life of its own....

I have had the opportunity and privilege to have lived with farmers. I have heard their stories, shared meals with them and learnt many important life lessons from them. And when I saw this mural for the first time, when I was on my way to work one day in February, it made me smile; knowing that someone/s else knows and understands (and honours) the lives of farmers.


The artists

It's a powerful image that commemorates the unsung and often nameless heroes of the Philippines who help bring food to the market and our tables.


Magsasaka is located at:

Burgos Eats on Rizal Avenue in BGC; by the wall beside Teriyaki Boy

*The purple water buffalo/carabao is the location of the Magsasaka mural!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig