A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Encik Tan @ Waterway Point Punggol; Singapore


I've probably passed by this place several time already ever since moving to Punggol. I've also read about it from other blogs and everyone seems to have good words about Encik Tan. So one day, when a friend and I were thinking of a place to eat in Waterway Point, we both agreed to give Encik Tan a try.


Encik Tan is a Halal restaurant serving local food at the same price as an hawker center. I believe that  Encik Tan has a strong following, shown by the long queues everytime I'd pass by. And I fonally know the reason why, the food is absolutely tasty!


This visit I decided to get the Fried Fish Set which costs SGD 5.00. I also decided to top up SGD 1.00 for the Lime Juice as well.

The food isn't that fancy on presentation, but it more than makes up for that in taste and flavour. It reminded me of a home cooked meal, very simple and rustic and evokes a sesnse of nostalgia almost.

Fried Fish Set; SGD 5.00; with Lime Juice top up SGD 1.00


The fish was fried until crispy and the curry sauce, although it looked messy on the plate, balanced well with the crunchiness of the fish. It reminded me of the fried fish dishes I would always have at home, simple but with a kick.


The Lime Juice was, as the dish, simple, but refreshing. And as I expected, I literally cleaned the plate.


I will definitely go and visit Encik Tan again in the future!


*Total For My Meal: SGD 6.00

Fried Fish Set: SGD 5.00
*Add Lime Juice to the set: SGD 1.00

Encik Tan @ Waterway Point is located at:

#B2-03 Waterway Point

Operating Hours: 10:00am-10:00pm

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig