A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Dinosaur Playground @ Toa Payoh; Singapore


Growing up, I loved dinosaurs (I still do, but in a much smaller dose). I loved the Jurassic Park film series and had dinosaur books and toys.

When I decided to walk back from the temple to the MRT Station in Toa Payoh, I got a bit lost after seeing the Dragon Playground and made a wrong turn and ended up finding another way to my destination.

As I walked, I notice a familiar, less scaly "creature" standing in the center of HDB flats. And my first guess was right! It was a dinosaur! A Tyrannosaurus Rex, in a playground! How cool is that.?





The brown tyrannosaurus rex stands about 3 meters/9 feet and 8 inches. Beside it are 5 large white eggs (scaling is a bit off, but still cool nonetheless) and a juvenile tyrannosaur that's crouched down, presumably in an act of play.

There is also a stegosaurus beside the tyrannosaurs, but this one is a more obvious playground structure and less "realistic" as the mother ans child beside it.



The playground was part of a project in 2000 by Hong Hai Environmental Art Private Limited. They also made other playgrounds around Singapore.




The more adventurous kids, can try to climb the back of the larger tyrannosaur, but of course under the supervision of an adult. You may notice that the playground is on rubber matted ground, but still an injury can still happen, so kids do be careful!

This playground is definitely a unique quirk in a residential area. I mean how many kids can say they live near a T-Rex? If I were I kid, I would have so much fun here, my mom would have a hard time trying to make me come back home.

This Dinosaur Playground is located at:

Blk 27 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, Singapore 310027

*just meters away from the Dragon Playground

Directions from Toa Payoh MRT Station via Walk:

Turn right into Lorong 2 Toa Payoh
Turn left into and go straight on Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
Walk passed the Dragon Playground towards the pedestrian bridge
Cross the road using the pedestrian bridge towards Blk 27
The Dinosaur Park will be right infront of you

*about a 15 minute walk

Directions from Toa Payoh MRT Station via Bus:

Walk to Toa Payoh Bus Interchange
Take Bus 238 (towards Lor 8 Toa Payoh)
Alight after 3 stops; Blk 32
Cross the road using the pedestrian bridge towards Blk 27
The Dinosaur Park will be right infront of you

*the purple T-Rex is the location of the Dinosaur Playground

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig