A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Maxwell Food Centre; Singapore


Ah Tai, a man who spent years cooking for the famed Tian Tian Chicken Rice, set up his own chicken rice stall at Maxwell Food Centre. Ah Tai is also a relative of Tian Tian's boss, Ms. Loi Mui Yin, who sacked him after their personal conflict.

Ah Tai also attracts tourists and locals who come to Maxwell for a bite to eat.


The Menu

Ah Tai has a similar menu to Tian Tian, the only difference would be the colour of their plates. Ah Tai is also a lot friendlier and more personable than the staff of Tian Tian (or at least he was to me; we chatted for a bit while he prepared my order).

Steamed Chicken Rice; SGD 3.50


Ah Tai's steamed chicken is fresh, cold and tasty. Ah Tai slices his chicken, dips it in ice and serves it atop fragrant rice, then he pours his special sauce over everything. Ah Tai's chicken rice is also boneless, which made eating much much easier.

*Ah Tai also gave me a bowl of clear soup after he saw me taking photos. Ah Tai's clear soup was very simple, but nice. I feel it helped my stomach after eating all the chicken rice on my plate.

Cold slices of chicken over warm fragrant rice

Boneless chicken, so easy to eat and delicious too!

Overall Ah Tai's chicken rice was delicious. I liked the fact that it was boneless, which makes me thick that Ah Tai does care about his customers and helping them eat without any problems. I also liked the fact that Ah Tai was there in person and greeted me with his smile. Ah Tai definitely gets the thumbs up from me!

*Total For My Meal: SGD 3.50

Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Maxwell Food Centre is located at:

#1 Kadayanallur Street; #01-07 Maxwell Food Centre, Singapore 069184

*just 3 stalls away from Tain Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice!

Operating Hours: 11:00am-8:00pm (or until sold out)

*about a 8-10 minute walk from Chinatown, Telok Ayer & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations!


Directions from Chinatown MRT Station:

Exit to Pagoda Street
Go straight on Pagoda Street
Turn right and go straight on South Bridge Road
Turn left and go straight on Erskine Road
Turn right on Kadayanallur Street
Maxwell Food Center will be on your right

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig