A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Friday, May 17, 2019

Mayon Volcano @ Albay Province, Bicol; Philippines


Mayon Volcano, which is known for being a "perfect cone" (because of its symmetrical conial shape) is an active volcano in the Albay province in the Bicol region of the Philippines.

 I've see the volcano several times, thanks to all my work trips to Legaspi, Albay. And I have to say I was lucky that every time I would visit Legaspi, the volcano makes itself visible for me to take photos of it. My friends from the Bicol did mention that when the volcano makes itself visible, it means you are a person of a good heart (which I know I really am not).



My favourite shot of Mayon Volcano so far

From the moment you are waiting to land in Legaspi Airport, Mayon Volcano is visible and ready for the camera (well at least in the times I was on board).

For me the best time to take a photo of the volcano is when your plane lands and you alight. From my experience the volcano has never had clouds covering it every time I take photos of it from the tarmac.

But again the volcano is visible in all parts of the Albay Province. I just really like it from Legaspi, I guess because it's the first place I saw the volcano from. And I've grown to love it from Legaspi (you know what they say about first loves).




And when I mean that the volcano is visible from any and every area that encircles the volcano, I really mean it is visible!



Mayon Volcano (or Mount Mason) is said to be named after the legendary princess-heroine: Darang Magayon (Beautiful Lady); if you translate Mayon Volcano/Mount Mayon to English you end up with: Beautiful Volcano.

And I must agree, it is a beauty.




So the next time you land in Legaspi Aiport or are in Albay Province, don't forget look out the window of your plane (and also pray that Mayon sees you as a person with a good heart) and spot the majestic and beautiful volcano.


Legaspi Airport

And I really mean it is visible from any where in the Albay Province. :)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig