A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Van Gogh & Van Gogh Inspired Void Deck Art @ Pipit Road MacPherson; Singapore


On the walls of the void deck of an HDB block on Pipit Road, are some of the works (copies) of impressionist artist, Vincent Van Gogh, as well as other paintings that are inspired by Van Gogh's work and art style.




When I was in art school, during my undergrad years in uni, some of my professors did say that my style of art does border the impressionist style. Vincent Van Gogh, was one of those masters who inspired me the most. So you can just imagine how happy I was when I saw the Van Gogh void deck art.















These paintings were done by Social Creatives, who want to transform the void decks of residential HDB buildings into art galleries.

As I mentioned they also created some paintings of their own, taking inspiration from Van Gogh's style and works (have a look below).













It's nice to see art and colour on what would otherwise have been ordinary plain walls. It's also a night way to educate the public about art and show them some of the masterpieces of the great painters like Vincent Van Gogh.

The Van Gogh and Van Gogh Inspired Void Deck Art are located at:

Block 56 Pipit Rd, Singapore 370056

*it's about a 5-7 minute walk from MacPherson MRT Station!
*the purple artist icon is the location of the Van Gogh and Van Gogh Inspired Void Deck Art!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig