A collection of my adventures, experiences and everything in between; mostly sights, stuff, food and anything under the moon.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Nokia 3310 (2G; Dark Blue)


Yup I just had to get one for myself!

I was really excited when Nokia announced that they would be releasing a (newer) 3310 model. When it did come out I just had to get one for myself, since I have been missing the original mobile phone.

Nokia 3310 (2G; Dark Blue); PHP 2,100.00


The Nokia 3310 was my official first phone (I did have a Nokia 5110 that was a hand me down from my brother, but eventually spoilt because of his prior use). So yeah the nostalgia of the 3110 was the main reason for me to buy the new one; plus I've missed buttons and being able to text without looking at the phone (yup I did do that before, and I was an expert at it if I may brag).

Hello nostalgia!!!!


There are some major differences between the old and new 3310. 

First it is much MUCH lighter than the original unbreakable bar phone. So I don't think you can use this like a rock and hurl it at some unsuspecting wall or person, else it will break.

Lighter than before.....

Second, it has a camera (2 MP), which the old model did not have. The old model was also analog so a camera would have been really useless. But I don't think I'll be using the camera of the new 3310 as much (if not at all). The camera for me is really just an add on feature and something I could really live without.

2MP camera

Third, (and one of the main reasons why I bought the new 3310.... SNAKE!!!!) the snake on the new 3310 is digital and coloured! Though it's far from the original analog snake I grew up with, Snake is Snake and well I'm just happy I can play it again. :)

SNAKE!!!!


But I'm happy that I got this. It really helps when I travel and go to far flung places, where smartphones don't have a shot at helping you out with communication and where you don't always have access to a power outlet and when your powerbank is drained dry.



I've seen Nokia 3310s go as high as PHP 3,00.00. But I was able to get mine at PHP 2,100.00 at the shop I got it at. The prices of the Nokia 3310 range in between those 2 prices. But I think it's not worth it getting it from PHP 3,000.00. The highest you should pay for a Nokia 3310 is about PHP 2,800.00 (in my opinion).

But do get it from a trustworthy shop, as there are a lot of fakes in the market right now and you really don't want to get the fake ones!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Moonlit. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig